“Want your boat, Georgie?’ Pennywise asked. ‘I only repeat myself because you really do not seem that eager.’ He held it up, smiling. He was wearing a baggy silk suit with great big orange buttons. A bright tie, electric-blue, flopped down his front, and on his hands were big white gloves, like the kind Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck always wore.
Yes, sure,’ George said, looking into the stormdrain.
And a balloon? I’ve got red and green and yellow and blue…’
Do they float?’
Float?’ The clown’s grin widened. ‘Oh yes, indeed they do. They float! And there’s cotton candy…’
The clown seized his arm.
And George saw the clown’s face change.
What he saw then was terrible enough to make his worst imaginings of the thing in the cellar look like sweet dreams; what he saw destroyed his sanity in one clawing stroke.
They float,’ the thing in the drain crooned in a clotted, chuckling voice. It held George’s arm in its thick and wormy grip, it pulled George toward that terrible darkness where the water rushed and roared and bellowed as it bore its cargo of storm debris toward the sea. George craned his neck away from that final blackness and began to scream into the rain, to scream mindlessly into the white autumn sky which curved above Derry on that day in the fall of 1957. His screams were shrill and piercing, and all up and down Witcham Street people came to their windows or bolted out onto their porches.
They float,’ it growled, ‘they float, Georgie, and when you’re down here with me, you’ll float, too–’
George’s shoulder socked against the cement of the curb and Dave Gardener, who had stayed home from his job at The Shoeboat that day because of the flood, saw only a small boy in a yellow rain-slicker, a small boy who was screaming and writhing in the gutter with muddy water surfing over his face and making his screams sound bubbly.
Everything down here floats,’ that chuckling, rotten voice whispered, and suddenly there was a ripping noise and a flaring sheet of agony, and George Denbrough knew no more.
- michaelallanleonard likes this
- rocketfan2503 reblogged this from subnorbien
- xfuckthebrain likes this
- lechededelfin likes this
- impassehindrance7364 reblogged this from subnorbien
- impassehindrance7364 likes this
- harrytripero reblogged this from gospinningincircles
- releaseyourmindandfreeyoursoul reblogged this from gospinningincircles
- gospinningincircles reblogged this from subnorbien
- thegospelaccordingtojohn reblogged this from subnorbien
- missbanshee reblogged this from subnorbien
- nikkicole259 reblogged this from pricklylegs
- elibing99 likes this
- 3asy-breezy likes this
- primeval-atom likes this
- trytogetitrightforonce reblogged this from pricklylegs
- itsafunnyoldlifeinthetardis reblogged this from johnmumbles
- likeschoolinsummertime reblogged this from pricklylegs
- johnmumbles reblogged this from pricklylegs
- kelseyfuckup reblogged this from taking-control-of-the-elements
- kiwiprin reblogged this from ms-fluffington
- superekstra reblogged this from pricklylegs
- superekstra likes this
- fressfeind likes this
- iamyourdarkestnightmaretoo likes this
- baconlovingredhead reblogged this from nosebacon
- showermypower reblogged this from pricklylegs
- eventualitea reblogged this from pricklylegs
- portal-fish reblogged this from taking-control-of-the-elements
- portal-fish likes this
- baloth likes this
- trytogetitrightforonce likes this
- fishsticksinspace reblogged this from pricklylegs
- teal-rasferian likes this
- crimson-miz reblogged this from askwilliamcarter
- crimson-miz likes this
- one-will-piss-oneself reblogged this from pricklylegs
- civilianwonderwoman likes this
- dropsofjupiter35 likes this
- mumeter likes this
- taking-control-of-the-elements reblogged this from literatureofthesoul
- taking-control-of-the-elements likes this
- tobearfrost reblogged this from kingsolomonthedemontamer
- tobearfrost likes this
- blondestredhead reblogged this from captainsquiddles
- myaisi reblogged this from pricklylegs
- nivixguildmage reblogged this from warden-cross
- literatureofthesoul reblogged this from pricklylegs
- literatureofthesoul likes this